This is a three part tutorial on how to install and convert your analog proto 2000 locomotive to a DCC locomotive with LED lights installed. I get my lights from Evan designs, they can be purchased from “modeltrainsoftware.com.” The decoders I use are digitrax DN143IP, but a digitrax DH123PS will work just as well if you can get it to fit. The locomotive I use in this video is a walthers proto 2000 RS27. Remember, on proto 2000 locomotives the blue wire goes to the positive lead, and the white wire is the negative. LEDS withOUT capacitors will need to be installed the right way, or it will not work. Wikipedia has a good article for information on that. The led positive lead will be the smaller piece inside the bulb, and the negative is the larger
Thanks for watching How to install DCC and LEDs!
- Model Railway Videos
- How to Convert a DC lococomotive to DCC Made Easy
- Basic DCC Demonstration – MRC Prodigy Advance
- Fitting DCC chips to DCC ready models
- DCC sounds N scale Kato Amtrak Superliner
- M?rklin HO Digital DCC Freight Train Starter Set
- My First DCC Model Railway – Trains Running on my Layout
- Opening the A4 DCC Sound ‘Sparrowhawk’ by Hornby
- DC to DCC in under 10 mins!
- DCC Introduction Video
- Fitting DCC Decoders to Bachmann Derby Lightweight DMU Part 1 of 2
- Upgrading LokSound DCC Decoders to Full Throttle
- Helpful Tips -Installing DCC decoders into DCC ready and non DCC engines