THE SUNDANCE CENTRAL RAILROAD – The Sundance was formed in January 2004 with the goal to create a more detailed and uniformly scened, large-scale traveling layout. This 1:20.3 scale modular model railroad consisting of forty modules for a layout size of 45 feet by 45 feet. The railroad consists of 400 feet of hand laid code 250 aluminum rails that are hand spiked with individual tie plates onto wood ties with a total of 16 turn-outs.
The modular was built by a group of seven model train enthusiasts. This diverse group is made up of people who have a passion of early narrow gauge steam locomotives to modern day standard gauge diesels.
The purpose for forming this modular group was to provide the public a realistic look at model railroading in a large-scale format. The modules are highly detailed from the scratch built supporting structures and buildings down to the surrounding scenery. The trains and rolling stock that will be running on these modules will also be highly detailed and weathered.
- Model Railway Videos
- Large Private Model Railroad layout in HO scale 4K UHD
- 'Ashburton' – N Gauge Model Railway Layout
- Making Tunnel Portals for Model Railroads
- How to quickly ballast model train track
- Large Model Railroad RR HO H.O. Scale Gauge Train Layout @ Chicago Park District awesome trains
- DCC Programming Basics – CV's, Locomotive Addresses, Horns
- Build, Paint & Animate a Working Freight House – Model Railroad Scenery
- Wonderful US model railroad layout in HO scale
- Alnaudy Central – Painting the Viaduct – Dry Brushing and Detailing
- Building A OO Gauge Model Railway: In Brief – Interlinking Wills Cobble Sheets
- Model Railroad Mold Making / Mould Making
- Making a T Gauge Coffee Table Model Railway Layout