Painting rust streaks and rust on your model trains is often the main entry point for hobbyists to get into weathering. Doing rust well can take some time, but the payoff is definitely worth it. This video is another weathering tutorial in my “Weathering Basics” playlist. While there are numerous techniques for weathering model trains in the area of rust, this entry explores two, one with an airbrush, and one without.
#modeltrains #modelrailroad #weathering
?How You Can Support JC’s Riptrack
Please consider investing in the work of JC’s Riptrack through a few of these options:
?You can support the channel directly through PayPal.
Another way is to commission me to paint and/or weather one of your models!
I could even feature your model, railcar, or locomotive in an upcoming video!
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also check out my Amazon affiliate links below with my product recommendations for tools and products that can help you no matter what your skill level in painting and weathering is. I do make a small commission off of these links if you follow them and choose to make a purchase.
If you like what you see give it a “like” ?, subscribe ?, comment ? below, and share it on your social media and model railroad forums.
Visit me on Facebook and Twitter:
Music: “Engine No. 9” by Les Hooper
© 1981 Birch Island Music Press, Sole Selling Agent: C.L. Barnhouse Co., Oskaloosa, IA
Used with Permission
Some Products Featured in this video:
Games Workshop Paints:
Mournfang Brown https://amzn.to/2IAt0u8
Skrag Brown https://amzn.to/2QyantN
Abteilung 502 Oil Colours:
Rust Weathering set – https://amzn.to/2A4n5uG
(This set has both light rust and dark rust, plus a few other colours, a good value)
Grex Airbrush Starter Kit – https://amzn.to/2xjGncX
Pledge Future Clear Acrylic Floor Polish: – https://amzn.to/2xc6naW
Tamiya X-21 Flat Base: – https://amzn.to/2xha6Dj
Equipment & Software:
Sony SLT-A55 DSLR (Link is for the A68) – https://amzn.to/2x81GOv
Manfrotto 190X Pro Tripod – https://amzn.to/2Nz4vCu
Boya BY-M1 Universal Lavalier Microphone – https://amzn.to/2Qml0QO
Adobe Creative Cloud:
Photoshop CC 2018, Premiere Pro CC 2018, Audition CC 2018, After Effects CC 2018.
Learn How to use them: https://amzn.to/2Nz4z5c
Ron Marsh of Ron’s Trains N Things:
Eric Hall of IMMROcom:
- Model Railway Videos
- Painting/Installing Brick Retaining Wall
- 11. Painting & Detailing Hydrocal Walls – Foundations of Craftsman Kit Building
- How To Use The ESU Decoder Tester On Your Model Railroad
- Model Railroad VLog: I'm finally painting the backdrop – Part 5
- Yorkshire Dales Model Railway – Loft Layout
- Sexy Scenery on a Model Railway Layout in HO Scale
- Backdrops for model Railroad – Detailed guide DIY
- Painting Stone Textured Buildings
- Programming DCC decoders to use LED lighting
- Building A OO Gauge Model Railway: Modelling Techniques – Painting Embossed Brick Work
- Painting detail castings for your model railroad structures Episode 011
- Orbost – Model Railway Exhibition Layout – T Gauge